As you know I'm new to this mom thing and oh man is there a lot to learn. A lot of things will be trial and error, and have been for the past two months. Trying to figure what works best for your baby and you as a parent takes time. No matter how much experience someone has with children there will be something that has to be left up to trial and error, which detergents to use, diapers, soaps and lotions, brands of clothing, and of course bottles! Now some moms may not need bottles if they decide to breastfeed. However, for those of us who do give our little humans bottles, including myself, which one is best?
When looking at the competition there are so many types of bottles to choose from. I know my mother kept advising me to get glass bottles. First off, do they even still make those? Well to answer my own question, they actually do; although, most bottles nowadays are made from plastic. When I was pregnant I asked some people what they thought the best bottles were based on their experiences. We received a lot of different feed back from Evenflo, Avent, Tommee Tippee, Dr. Brown, and those are just the ones I remember.
We're currently using Dr. Brown bottles, which are supposed to reduce gas. Well let me tell you this, my little girl is one gassy kid! Even though she is bottle fed, she gets breast milk. Ultimately, it could mean the things I eat are making her gassy, but if they don't make me gassy it shouldn't make her gassy... right? I don't know, the ratio of food to gas. Besides the gas, the Dr. Brown's bottles are okay. They'er a pain in the butt to clean. When you take them apart they break down into like 35 pieces.
We also have two different shapes of the bottles. the normal slim bottle and the wide ones that are supposed to resemble an actual nipple for a natural flow, and are better for transitioning with breastfeeding, Sounds good right? Wrong! The wide bottles, the 4 oz ones pictured to the right, leak all the time. Strange thing is for the first month or so they never leaked. Probably because there wasn't much more than 2 oz of milk in them.
When they started leaking we had no idea how or where it was leaking from. After a few weeks and avoiding using them we tried again. Eventually my husband figured out what was going on. The milk some how was getting sucked up into the blue tube and leaking from underneath the white cap. This wasn't happening with the slimmer bottles because the blue tube is longer. Super annoying right? So now I've gone from having 6 bottles to 4, which I have to wash every couple hours.
Even though I haven't really said anything positive about these bottles, they aren't all bad. They look pretty cool. I mean it's a bottle, are there really bottles out there that WOW you? I guess I could get some that would be less of a hassle to clean, but I'm big on consistency.I'd hate to switch back and forth if I get different ones. I'd love to hear about the bottles you use and any experiences you might have with Dr. Brown's bottles. Maybe I'm using the wrong stuff!
-Mommy Out
No comments:
Post a Comment